Sunday 19 May 2013

Homemade Pizza

So weird.  I made this huge ball of dough today thinking that I'd make some Chinese Pork Buns but the yeast never got activated so my dough did not rise.
Never the less, the person that I am, I went ahead with making this beautiful Asian Style Pork mince filling with ginger, garlic, sesame seed oil etc. It was delicious. So I tried steaming 3-4 buns just to see if I could still manage an edible bun but of course, dead yeast equals a stuffed hard flour ball.
So, I decided to bake a pizza instead using the dough.
Naturally, due to the faulty dough, I could make only a thin crusy pizza. So I thinned out the dough as much as I could without tearing it and baked it with all its toppings at 250 degrees for 12 minutes.
This pizza was sectioned off into 4 parts, each with a different topping.
It came out quite well! Although next time I think ill preheat the pizza plate before I shift the pizza base onto it so that I get a crunchier crust.
I still have a whole pizza worth of dough left. Mebbe ill make a chocolate pizza next...



---------------------------------
Continuation: Wednesday, 22 May, 2012: My brother and I made another pizza using the leftover dough.

Can't go wrong with a Pepperoni Pizza! Excuse the burnt ends. Thats just how we like our pizzas.



No comments:

Post a Comment