Wednesday 17 October 2012

Happy B'day to me!

Another year, another birthday gone. Turning 25 can be hard on a woman who still thinks of herself as a carefree 16 year old. When did I become old enough to have a job, earn money, live by myself? It's a bit scary when you think about your life and how everything you do has consequences. 

Having said that, this birthday was really bittersweet. I flew home (buying your own ticket, even an Indigo airline ticket, bought at the last minute can cost you a bomb. I miss Ryanair. £15 return ticket, Glasgow to Milan? Yes pls!) for a few days of much needed pampering only to find out that my dog had aged a few years since the last time I saw him 2 months ago. Poor thing can't stand up from a sleeping position until someone helps him up...

It's funny how cake makes everything okay. Dad ordered this massive 5 layer chocolate cake from this Spanish-Australian chocolate shop in GK-II called Chocolateria San Churro. It was the most delicious thing ever! The chocolate itself, apparently imported from Spain, just tastes so different from the stuff you get at other bakeries. Almost like there was a hint of some herb in it. I can't describe it. This shop even had Churros! I mean, where else in New Delhi can you get Churros? Seriously? 

I'm sure everyone wants to see the beast that was this cake so look no further! They even had these artistic white chocolate sheets on the sides and the top.




On the morning of my birthday, mum and I went to Emporio Mall where she bought me this patent leather Louis Vuitton wallet that I had been wanting since a year ago! That was such a nice surprise. I'm not putting up a picture of that though. Because this is a food blog. Not a high fashion accessories blog. 

Anyway, post that, we went for lunch at this Japanese restaurant called Izakaya at DLF Promenade. Delicious. Every Japanese food lover needs to go there at-least once. They have the most amazing Bentos. 

They also have really good sushi. Let me post a picture of the sushi patter that we indulged in.


I have nothing left to say except this: Can't wait for my next milestone birthday! 

2 comments: